Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Crafty Christmas [2]

The last few days (except yesterday, I was just lazy) I've been working on my niece's Christmas present. I decided to make her something for the spring, the Analise dress by Sandi Henderson/Portabellopixie. I am nearly finished. I just need to gather the skirt and attach it to the bodice. Hopefully, I will be able to do that today.
The thing about this dress is this: I completely LOVED the fabric before I started cutting it. As it came together as a dress I don't know how I feel. I used a fabric I had enough yardage in (one I had originally planned to use for my own DD), but I am now beginning to realize that it needed a solid to break up the pattern. I used the same fabric but in yellow for my DD's dress, and it was fine. I think maybe the purple is just too strong? I don't know. I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment