Sunday, March 13, 2011

Goodness Me

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! The funny thing is that I have been accumulating a whole list of things to post about, too! This last month and a half has been a sewing adventure for me. Not to mention after 2 months of Fabric Fast, I finally bought some new things. It was beautiful. I remember it like it was yesterday--even though it was 2 weeks ago. It was beautiful and everything I imagined, and more.

And yes, I am being romantic over a stack of fabric. Beautiful. Lovely. Delicious fabric. Though, my longing is giving me flash backs to when I was pregnant and wanted to eat lots and lots of pie.

First, I spent a good bit of February making my Mother's birthday present.

I made it with 9 layer cake slices from Fig & Plum which was designed by Fig Tree & Co for Moda a couple of years back. I love this range, and so does my mom. It has her colors. This was my first time using the Cathedral Window blocks. I would DEFINITELY use starch the next time around to keep the corners crisp. They have a tendency to spread otherwise. Irregardless on how *I* feel I did with the project, my Mom loved it, which made me happy.

Second: OMGOSH there is the best giveaway to celebrate Churchill's 100th blog post! It's a rare and coveted bird--the Neptune jelly roll. I made my bro-in-law a quilt for his birthday last year from the charm packs. I absolutely LOVE this range. I'm excited. You should be excited, too. There are THREE ways to enter the giveaway. That's just awesome :) You should probably go over there now.

That wraps it up for now. I promise to have several catch up posts in the days to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment