Sunday, March 13, 2011

Side Project

When my daughter was born 2 years ago the DH made it clear that he did NOT want her room to be pink. Or girlie. I think there are a bunch of guys who feel that way. I know my BIL felt the same way when my sister had Lyra. I searched and searched and finally decided on the range Amelia from Timeless Treasures.
I bought 3.5 yards of the main collage print, 3.5 yards of that blue floral, and just over 5 yards of the brown multicolored floral (the pattern color is the same as those brown 'applique' flowers). I then bought an additional quarter yard assortment in 5 other of the coordinates.

Yeah, I made an investment in this line (at least imo).

Then we ended up decorating the room in a COMPLETELY different way. COMPLETELY. I was at a loss as to what to do with all the fabric. I folded it up and put it in my stash. After I finished my Mother's birthday gift, I wasn't feeling like I wanted to jump right back into working on 'Into the Woods' my Tula Pink green and brown sampler. I wanted to do something else. Something small and therefore instantly rewarding!

I dug out my Amelia fabric and started cutting. I was inspired by the Michael Miller pattern for the Happy Hills line. I *probably* should have read the pattern. I just went by the picture and winged it. It seemed simple enough ;) I haven't had any real issues with the way I did it, except for the fact I will need to really square the end result up. Oopsy.

Here's a little peek since I'm not done yet. I still have to put together the bottom third of the quilt and back it. I'm not altogether sold on my fabric arrangements, but what done is definitely done, LOL. I didn't want to purchase more fabric (like a neutral sash fabric), but we'll see what the end result is like. Until then, the jury is definitely out.

No comments:

Post a Comment