Friday, March 18, 2011

Insanity

What. Was. I. Thinking?

I really have no idea what I thought going through my stash would be like. Easy, I guess. Negative! It was completely overwhelming. I couldn't figure out how I wanted to group the fabrics (collection? designer? color?) so I just went with what felt 'easiest' (that being a relative term).

I also decided to refold my stash so I could see it better. Until this point, I had the fabrics stacked in a clear under-the-bed container. I refolded them so that I could glance and see what I had by having them in rows (I had admired this technique in various flikrs). Well, refolding made my stash not fit any more.

One - I couldn't fit all my fabric refolded. Two - Since I have to stack the not-folded fabric ontop of the rows of fabric...I cannot see the rows, therefore the purpose was negated. Three - there are now several yards of fabric that do not fit into the containers at all now and are now on my work bench. Awesome! Two hours in and there was NO way I was going to finish. None. Maybe I'll tackle it again on the DH's next day off. I think there is still some maneuvering I can do to make the new way work.

No comments:

Post a Comment