Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things to Do

Since Easter my space has been a hectic mess. I wanted to say 'artfully askew' but I'm falling just short ;D The Monday following Easter, several of my pending swaps arrived and they've been trickling in all week. Since I've been trying to keep it all straight; I kept the fabric out where I could see it. Some of it is mine. Some of it is new.
Amongst the mailers waiting for recycling and spirited away Easter remnants, I also have some projects waiting to start. Namely, I want to make the girl a new dress for mother's day. Which brings me to my next point. I know I said I didn't love it, but I am a collector by nature.
And to set the stage: I needed more bias tape to make another Kyoko dress. It was free shipping day if your spent 25 dollars or more (which is better than the coupon I had). Bias tape is only 1.99. I ordered 3. As you can plainly see, I had no choice. Might I also say, this was the morning of the first day that DS Quilts Fairgrounds & Picnic was listed of the Joann's website.

The box arrived today. Funny thing. The bias tape does NOT match the fabric I'd selected for the dress. But, in an odd turn of events, my fabric is actually cut straight (something that never happens when I shop in the store). I was not shorted any fabric (also another something that happens all the time in the store but I don't realize 'til I get home).

I want to make a smocked sundress out of the plaid. The dots? Not sure about them yet. I'm sure something will occur to me. The more I look at the fabric in person, the more I am beginning to like it. I think the blue/green plaid may be my most favorite of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment