Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good Start

In the last few days I have made 7 churn dash blocks and 2 pinwheel ones. Honestly, I'm only this productive for Bees and swaps. My Tula Pink quilt is still sitting in a bag on my window seat next to the 2 quilt tops that need quilting.

I have always admired the churn dash block. It was one of those blocks that were in my 'to-do-sometime-this-decade" list. Now that I've made half a dozen, I really want to make one now. Like now, now.

I think I am going to make a baby blanket for my soon to be niece or nephew. Then I can vent my churn dash desires without the obligation of making it large enough for an adult human to use. Not to mention not feeling guilty for skipping ahead of all my other in-progress projects.

My SIL doesn't want to know the gender, so I think I"m going to just do rainbow but only red,orange, yellow, green, and blue. That range of colors is gender neutral, but yet pretty enough, to satisfy the situation (in my opinion).

Now I just need to go shopping, again ;D Oh, darn.

1 comment: