Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mommy's Day to all of those who are (or are soon to be) Mommies :) We celebrated early since the DH works at the hospital tomorrow. It was really nice. I had a great time. And I got my present, too. I didn't even suspect it, either. It's a Nook Color! I love it (even if there is talk of a new eReader launch on the 24th). I spent a little tick this afternoon making wallpapers for it featuring Heather Ross and Tula Pink (as well as Sandi Henderson and my own little Dulcie). I'm pretty stoked.

My week of making dresses has come to a fiery end. The machine I use is a Brothers. If I had known better, I would have NEVER made a shirred dress part of my line-up. I spent a long time trying to make it work. Nothing I did worked, and I'm not comfortable changing the tension screw. It's not my machine, so I want to keep it factory. I hand wound tight. I hand wound loose. I machine wound. I played with dials. It was a nightmare, and while I was muddling through it; I wasn't a person to be around. Completely agitated!

I need to find a new project. I'll have to think of something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment