Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nearly There

So I'm just past middle of my dress making extravaganza~ I feel really good about my progress! I was able to finish Dulcie's new Analise dress last night. It was the wee hours and quiet. I was happy for something to do while the DH was at work.
I was so happy with myself that the moment she woke up this morning, I cajoled her into it! Today was terribly rainy, and with little else to do; I worked on the next dress. Since I definitely could see making another Analise dress--I did. This time I'm using some Sandi Henderson Ginger Blossom and Amy Butler Love. I received both pieces from swaps this last week. They are gorgeous. I feel lucky to be able to make dresses for my baby with them.
Construction is going smoothly. The pattern is fresh in my head from yesterday. It also helps that I've made this dress a handful of times before. To be fair, it is a beginner-friendly pattern. I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone wanting to make a little girl's dress. All I have left to do is the skirt. It would be amazing if I could finish tonight. If not, tomorrow will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment