Friday, July 23, 2010

Christmas in July

That's how I always felt about my birthday. It was just a weird cosmic coincidence that many places actually have Christmas in July sales. I have been thinking about a Christmas project (on and off). Last year I bought several pieces from Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey for Moda, but I never did anything with them. Now that Fruitcake is out, I can't wait to see how/if the pieces coordinate at all.

I know I've mentioned this before: I have bad impulse control (I swear this ties back into Christmas fabric). While I was searching for some Martinique fabric to purchase I found Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas for sale (3.99 a charm pack & 3.98 a yard). Naturally, I recalled that I wanted to do a Christmas project and I conservatively (and unnecessarily) bought a charm pack and a yard of fabric! And that's what arrived today. Now I just need some white yardage, and I'm set (I'm thinking a table runner, but that's not set in stone).

No comments:

Post a Comment