Friday, July 30, 2010

Fabric Fairy Pays a Visit

Today I received some bits and pieces from a friend I made on Flickr. I'm so lucky :D These little bits have really helped me decided on a fabric or two (both which ones to leave out and which ones to leave in).
I really wish I had a local quilt shop. The nearest one to me is over an hour away, which might as well be on the moon. I can't tell you how many times I buy fabric and it isn't quite what I wanted, but I have to live with the choice. I was very surprised to see that the brown in the Plume range was more of a chocolate brown (a noticeable reddish tint to the brown). When paired with the light lime/grass green it's completely mint chocolate. I wish I would have gotten this mailer BEFORE I ordered a half yard each of the green, brown, and green/brown keys (there was an awesome sale and I didn't want to risk it). I am still going to order the green swan print, though.

So far the green/brown colorway matches from the Flutterby range works really well with the Full Moon Forest range. I tried some Neptune in it, and the Algae is okay. I did like the Plume print with the pink feathers. It adds some nice interest and pops beautifully. I think I might purchase some droplets in olive from FMF to continue the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment