Saturday, July 24, 2010

Idle Hands

Much to my surprise, nothing came for me in the mail today. Monday, I'm sure will be freaking amazing. I'm so excited, I can't wait for the weekend to be over. To pass my time, I am searching for a project to keep my hands--and my mind--busy for the next two days. I think I'm going to make the girl another dress. I have the fabric already on my work bench. I just need to cut it. But on the other hand, I haven't made a quilty thing since March. I did, however, make something today. I would classify it as a bittersweet sort of project though. LuluBloom, someone I am swapping some fabric with, took on a new project. I won't lie. I cried when I read the post. That's a fear of mine since I had my daughter, that either mine or my guy will get sick. So early this morning, before the mail carrier came, I whipped up a block. I used Oh! Fransson's tutorial for a wonky cross block. This was my end result:


I hope it works out well in her gift quilt. Making things for others always makes me a little neurotic, though. I must have checked and rechecked the block a dozen times before I put it in the mailer. The weirdest things make me crazy ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment