Wednesday, September 1, 2010

National Sewing Month

So apparently September is Sewing Month. This is pretty awesome and inspiring. I decided to celebrate by completing at least one project a week (this sounds a little ambitious, even to me, but I'm going to try anyway.). I even cleaned my workbench and sorted through my project box! Go me, heh. I'm thinking I will tackle some UFOs and Christmas presents. One thing I was to make is some applique dish towels. A friend of the family owns a linen service, and gave us a bunch of kitchen towels that he deemed too threadbare for his service.You can see the fray at the edges in the picture. I'm planning on cutting the towels down a little and remaking the edges. The best thing is this is recycling and the towels have been laundered multiple times before, so they are at full absorbency. Not to mention the fact that the giftees won't be afraid to use them (I do that sometimes, and don't use a perfectly good something because it's too new and pretty).

On another, related, note: I finished my On the Go messenger bag. It was a little touch and go, and OMG I must have cut some of that fabric blindfolded and in the dark with a butter knife. I triple checked, but wow. I must have really had my 'head' some where else. I like how it turned out though.

The fabric flower was a swap gift from Adrienne :D I love the contrast. The bag was screaming out for something to break up the repetitive red/brown pattern. I am considering appliquing the front, but we'll see if I get around to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment