Saturday, September 4, 2010

Success :D

I went to a book faire today and managed to spend less than I usually do. Grabbed a few board books for my girl (even though I said I wouldn't, but they were only 50 cents each) and 4 books for me (a dollar each! such a steal). Hopefully, these books will distract me! I need to stop browsing for fabric, which is my number one hobby. I can't help but BUY. Especially when I run across rare finds. I wore my On the Go messenger bag to the faire and received many compliments! I can wear it across my chest, but I have to rotate it so that the body of the bag is behind me; which is actually pretty comfortable. It has a nice slouchy, informal presence. I really dig it. My guy asked me to make him one (but masculine, naturally). I am thinking of using Moda's cross weaves, but I'm not sure yet. I think the pieces that are cross-woven with the dark threads are guy-ish. I need to find a place that will swatch some for me, or at sell me a short cut (like quarter of a yard), so I can get his opinion. I want to pair it with some solid yardage (maybe chocolate? That's a nice, serviceable gender-neutral color). I'm thinking I'll make this sometime in October or November, if everything works out the way I want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment